Thursday, November 17, 2011

Maxi, Maxi, Maxi

Hello Again!

First off this is the second post I've done this week meaning my reliability is hopefully looking up! Today was somewhat gloomy outside, one of those days that you wish you could just cuddle in bed with some good movies and hot cocoa but in spite of that I was feeling inspired to wear a dress. I have never been able to find a maxi dress that works on me since I have longer legs and a skinnier frame. They always tend to end up right at my ankles in a very non-flattering way. I stumbled across this gem (on sale!) and it was perfect - I had to have it. Since it has the ability to be a summer maxi I de-summerized (I just made that word up...) it by adding combat boots and a black blazer. I've had this blazer for years and love it, the non traditional shape and big buttons really make it unique. Maxi's of any kind are in trend this fall so if you have a summer maxi that you love try and bring it into the fall with some winter accessories like boots, a jacket or a scarf! I would recommend though picking one that is not linen or a really summer-ish print jersey cause those tend like summer no matter what. I kept my jewelry simple as well as both my jacket and shoes. Sticking with neutrals is key to not making the outfit too busy since the dress has such a large print. So bring out those maxi's ladies and pair them with winter pieces for an awe-inspiring and really comfy look! Now we have both a Mini, Mini, Mini post and a Maxi, Maxi, Maxi to balance it out! Yay for opposites!

kisses & roses readers
<3 Torre

Jacket: Erin Fetherston for Target;Dress: Old Navy; Boots: Madewell; Bracelets: David Yurman, Tiffany&Co, 2 were gifted; Nail Polish: OPI "You don't know Jacques!"

No comments:

Post a Comment